Aircraft Accident & Incident Investigation & Prevention Bureau (AAIB)
Pursuant to Section 25 of the Ghana Civil Aviation Act 2004 (Act 678), the Accident Investigation Bureau (AIB) is hereby established within the Ministry responsible for Aviation, which will be responsible for the administrative functions with respect to investigation of accident and serious incidents in Ghana.
Ghana Airports Company Ltd
Ghana Airports Company Ltd. (GACL) is responsible for planning, developing, managing and maintaining all airports and aerodromes in Ghana.
• To plan, develop, manage and maintain all public airports and airstrips in the country
• To facilitate aircraft, passenger, cargo and mail movements
• To provide safety and security for aircraft, passengers and cargo in accordance with best international practices
Ghana Civil Aviation Authority
Ghana Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) is responsible for regulating the Air transport industry in Ghana and provides Air Navigation Services within the Accra Flight Information Region.
• To regulate aviation safety and security
• To provide Air Navigation Services
• To regulate air transport
• To advice Government on aviation matters