In collaboration with the Office of the Head of Civil Service, the HR directorate of the Ministry of Transport determines the Human Resource requirements in a way that best supports the accomplishment of the goals of the Ministry of Transport.
- To advise the Chief Director on policy issues regarding Human Resource Development and Management in the Ministry.
- To initiate and facilitate all training programmes that are beneficial to staff of the Ministry
- To assist in preparing the annual budget and ensuring that all training needs are analysed and costed
- To ensure the Ministry has adequate and right quality of staff in all the directorates for efficient discharge of duties
- We work in collaboration with the Office of the Head of Civil Service by facilitating recruitment and placement processes.
- The directorate facilitates the provision of specific services including compensation, training, safety and welfare issues.
- We facilitate the provision of effective policies, procedures and people- friendly guidelines and support within the transport sector
- We ensure performance management plans are put in place and monitored for effective implementation.
- We ensure periodic reviews of job descriptions and ensure staff undergo scheme of service training.
- We collaborate with the Management Services Department in relation to review of the organisational structure and job classification.
- We disseminate information from OHCS to the sector agencies and facilitate all issues concerning HR to staff.